Want to create custom merchandise, give OOHS students a meaningful project-based task AND put your dollars to good use? Email us TODAY with questions or to place your order at OlentangyEntrepreNEERS@gmail.com!
- Express interest & we’ll get you started via email or an in-person student sales rep.
- A student will work with you to fill out a WORK ORDER and get you an approximate deadline and price estimate (prices typically range from $6-15/shirt and timelines typically 1-2 weeks)
- We can make you an ORDER FORM if needed and handle ALL money via our business club and/or the Fort Orange school store – you don’t have to count or collect ANY money! We can also invoice your club if that works better for you.
- We help with design, order materials, press & package the shirts… all here at OOHS in our “Orange Apparel Co” (ie room 2006).
- BOOM! Your order is done – handmade with love by our business students – and we deliver directly to your room!
During the 2016-17 school year, we bought an inexpensive heat press and took a chance in becoming a “start up.” We figured, why not actually RUN a business instead of just learning about how to? We made shirts for three clubs within the school and failed more than we succeeded… but learned a TON!!
During the summer of 2018 we were awarded a $1,000 grant from the Olentangy Education Foundation and in 2018-19 partnered with Roush Honda as one of our supporting partners. We upgraded our equipment, mainly buying a higher-end, safer heat press and a vinyl cutter to expand our operation to custom vinyl.
At the end of the 2018-19 year we were awarded an $840 grant from Tanger Outlets via the Tanger Kids Grants Programs and plan to use the money towards another high quality heat press, apparel and vinyl inventory and other needed supplies.
At the start of the 2019-20 school year we named our apparel operation the “Orange Apparel Company” and are working to design a logo and overall branding theme. Since inception, our business students, also known as the EntrepreNEERS, have successfully made over 500 shirts and generated almost $5,000 in revenue! Previous customers have included…
- Many school clubs and student organizations including EntrepreNEERS Business Club, The Courier, Math Club, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Face to Face Diversity Club, Black Empowerment Club (BEC), The Beat & more
- Family custom (vacation) shirts
- Custom apparel for local non-profits including Living Fit Columbus and the National Down Syndrome Society
We plan to continue to learn, grow and live the life of a #startup!