Want to create custom merchandise AND give OOHS students a meaningful project- based task?
Interested? The process….
- You can email us at OlentangyEntrepreNEERS@gmail.com and we can get you set up with an in-person student sales rep OR you can complete our Apparel Requisition Form. If you don’t hear from us in 24-48 hours, please follow up!
- A student will work with you to give an approximate deadline and price estimate (prices typically range from $10-15/shirt and timelines typically 2+ weeks unless a rush order is needed.)
- We can make you an ORDER FORM if needed and handle ALL money via our business club and/or the Fort Orange school store – you don’t have to count or collect ANY money! We can also invoice your club if that works better for you.
- We help with design, order materials, press & package the shirts… all here at OOHS in our “Orange Apparel Co” (ie room 2006).
- BOOM! Your order is done – handmade with love by our business students! If an OOHS staff or student (our primary target audience), we deliver directly to you!
During the 2016-17 school year, we bought an inexpensive heat press and took a chance in becoming a “start up.” We figured, why not actually RUN a business instead of just learning about how to? We made shirts for three clubs within the school and failed more than we succeeded… but learned a TON!!
During the summer of 2018 we were awarded a $1,000 grant from the Olentangy Education Foundation as one of our supporting partners. At the end of the 2018-19 year we were awarded an $840 grant from Tanger Outlets via the Tanger Kids Grants Programs. We upgraded our equipment, purchasing a higher-end, safer heat press, a small craft vinyl cutter, some blank vinyl and shirt inventory and other needed supplies.
At the start of the 2019-20 school year we named our apparel operation the “Orange Apparel Company” and designed a new logo. We had a record of 13 school club orders… however, the 2020 quarantine set us back a bit. 2020-21 was a rebuilding year with hybrid & Covid. This year, 2021-22 we have began building our customer base, training new student “staff” members and continue to upgrade our equipment and redesign our space.
Since inception our business students have successfully made over 500 shirts! We plan to continue to learn, grow and live the life of a #startup!